Old Hyde

Old Hyde
Pole Bank 1910 ----------------------------------------------------------Town Hall 1937 --------------------------------------------- Cenotaph 1990

Tuesday 23 December 2008

Adamson's Mills 1981


Photograph © Dr Neil Clifton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.

Dr. Clifton's photograph was taken in 1981 and he commented on Geograph UK that it "stood derelict and unlikely to find a future user."

Well compare it with my 2008 photograph on Hyde Daily Photo.

The chimney has gone but more or less everything else is still there and it is a thriving hub of activity.

5 comments:

  1. You can see the two together on the portal and it's not apparent at first they are the same place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only apologise for cutting and pasting this comment, but there was no way on Earth I would be able to make it around the whole globe to wish everybody a Merry Christmas otherwise. I have only one pair of hands and the magical elves that I have working for me are a bunch of lazy good-for-nothings. All they do is sit around smoking, playing cards and throwing rocks at the reindeer!

    Anyway, from myself, Henry and Ezra, have a Merry Christmas/Winter Solstice/Hanukkah/Festivus and a happy New Year!

    I hope that all of your holiday photos turn out to be triumphs, and may your stocking be stuffed full of lots of tasty treats and not coal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

    This shot rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that view very well.... I would at times walk that way home from school...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ilove to see the old chimneys

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to keep captchas on my blogs but I took them off and got inundated with spam - I appreciate your efforts to comment despite the hurdle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails