Old Hyde

Old Hyde
Pole Bank 1910 ----------------------------------------------------------Town Hall 1937 --------------------------------------------- Cenotaph 1990

Wednesday 19 December 2007

Canal Warehouse


This picture by Frank Bennett and reproduced here with his permission, first appeared on the Images of England site.

Photographed in August 1999, this Canal warehouse on the north side of Manchester Road is a Grade II listed building now used as offices.

1828 on datestone in gable. English garden wall bond brick, stone dressings and slate roof. 5 x 3 bays with 2 storeys at front 3 at rear. 3-storey loading bay (now glazed) to rear with round canopy and winch. Each floor has 4 window with round brick arches, C20 casements and stone sills. Shaped eaves gutter brackets, coped gables and small corner piers.

Canal elevation which is again 3 storeys, has a similar loading bay, a total of 6 windows as above and a datestone in gable. The loading bay to the front has been bricked in and has a total of 4 windows as above to either side of it. Timber beam floors on cast iron columns.

It is one of Hyde's few remaining canal warehouses.

1 comment:

  1. Thats a house near waters right? very nice to live near water, I would like it, than I would like to have a boat.....

    I am from Holland and I post about my countrie or wherever I goooo.... Come and visit my blog;
    Today I posted a more Christmas-like post with a tree and some alternative Christmas decorations...

    Merry Christmas to you and your family,
    with love JoAnn from Holland

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to keep captchas on my blogs but I took them off and got inundated with spam - I appreciate your efforts to comment despite the hurdle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails